Teaching & Learning Statement
Our guiding principles for the teaching and learning of children are
- To provide children with a high quality education, while embedding Christian values which are at the heart of the school
- To provide a safe, welcoming environment where everyone feels valued, engaged and motivated to learn.
- To nurture the personal, social and spiritual development of children into caring and responsible young people
- To encourage good behaviour within a framework of mutual trust and respect which allows all children to work collaboratively or independently without distraction or disruption
- To encourage children to take responsibility for their learning and behaviours. Supporting them to manage their emotions and persevere with challenges by recognising mistakes help us to learn
- To provide a clear sense of purpose and relevance to all learning by building personal experiences and prior learning to extend and deepen knowledge and skills in new contexts
- To share good practice and enable the school to identify aspects of classroom practice and provision which will benefit from further development and support
At the core of our aims is a fundamental belief that we provide a high standard of education underpinned by our Christian ethos to live out the values of wisdom, joy, kindness and respect. We believe in creating an environment in which all children can enjoy learning, reflect, improve and grow in confidence.
To find out more about our Curriculum intent, implication and impact, please click here