Our last Ofsted review was in 2007 where we were awarded an outstanding grade. Here’s and overview and some highlights of the report. To find out more and to read the full report, please click on the links at the bottom of the photo (on right).
- 'St James C of E Primary is an outstanding school. Pupils achieve exceptionally well because of outstanding teaching and a highly effective curriculum. Standards are exceptionally high by the end of Year 2 and Year 6. Excellent care, guidance and support and a very positive school atmosphere lead to outstanding personal development and well-being for pupils. The school's mission of 'Learning to live, living to learn and learning from Christ' pervades all aspects of its work.'
- 'Parents and the community hold the school in high regard. Typical comments from the parental survey were, 'Very happy with the school, teachers and head teacher', 'High standards of teaching and behaviour', 'Our children progress very well', 'Warm welcoming atmosphere' and 'Couldn't ask for any more, the school is excellent.'
- 'Outstanding leadership and management are the crucial factors contributing to the school's effectiveness and success.'
- 'Teachers' enthusiasm, strong subject knowledge and creative use of resources inspire and motivate the pupils. Outstanding relationships have been established between teachers and their pupils.'
- 'Pupils are extremely articulate, confident and thoughtful in their responses. They are enthusiastic learners who respond really well to their teachers' high expectations of learning and behaviour.'
- 'Interesting activities and tasks are well matched to pupils' abilities and needs. As a result, all pupils, including higher attainers, are challenged well, are highly productive and make exceptional gains in their learning.'
- 'Care, guidance and support make an outstanding contribution to pupils' academic and personal development.'
- 'Pupils are friendly, polite and show considerable care and respect for others. High expectations by staff, outstanding relationships and well-known systems of rewards lead to exemplary behaviour.'
- 'Pupils at St James are extremely well prepared for the future because, by the time they leave, they possess outstanding literacy and numeracy skills. In addition to these, their personal and social skills are exceptionally well developed.'
In December 2017 we had an SIAMS Inspection where we were judged to be outstanding. You can download the full report here