School Improvement Plan
St James Primary School Improvement Plan (SIP) is a vital school document. It is how, we as a school and governing body, identify keys areas for development in our teaching and learning, plan for improvements in the coming year and review and evaluate ourselves as to how we have met our objectives. The SIP goes into detail on specific areas including all the teaching subjects, SEND, premises and facilities and the governing body but below is an overview of our aims and objectives this year.
Our children follow a broad, balanced and integrated programme based upon the National Curriculum and needs of our school community. Together these aim to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding of the world and is a foundation for lifelong learning. We believe all children are entitled to learn and develop and we seek to educate the whole child in a Christian environment. We encourage our children’s physical, oral and social development and want them to be successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens both now and in the future.
This year our priorities are
- To ensure that teaching consistently inspires, motivates and challenges pupils thorough a rich mastery curriculum
- To ensure that our curriculum plan is explicit with clearly defined goals supported by well informed assessment points
- To embed an ambitious shared vision and culture across the school involving the whole community
- To develop emotional resilience and well being
- To ensure that our enrichment programme is offered to all children over the course of the year as part of our drive to give children the knowledge to succeed in their journey
- To set up an environment that is both inclusive and differentiated, based upon the staff CPD on neurodiversity and our school intent
- To continue to forge strong links between our school, our parents and our Governing body and our local network of schools
If you would like more information, please talk to Ms O’Brien.