Teaching & Learning
Our aims for the teaching and learning of children are
- To provide children with a high quality education, while embedding Christian values and ethos which are at the heart of the school.
- To provide a safe, welcoming environment where everyone feels valued.
- To nurture the personal, social and spiritual development of children into caring and responsible young people.
- To encourage good behaviour within a framework of mutual trust and respect.
- To promote independence, encouraging children to take responsibility for their learning and behaviour.
- To ensure consistency and good progress across all stages.
- To share good practice and enable the school to identify aspects of classroom practice and provision which will benefit from further development and support.
- To provide agreed focus and criteria for monitoring the teaching and classroom practice.
- To strive to improve standards in all areas of school life.
At the core of our Aims are a set of fundamental beliefs summed up in our mission statement 'Learning to live, living to learn, learning from Christ', which underpins learning and helps create a Christian ethos and environment in which children can enjoy learning, reflect, improve and grow in confidence.
- The physical environment, in which children’s learning takes place, should be one, which supports and enhances their learning.
- As a school we will have classroom environments and displays that support the child, Teaching Assistant and Teacher in the learning process.
- Children learn best when learning activities are well planned, ensuring progress in the short, medium and long term.
- Children learn best when the teaching and learning activities are engaging, motivating and foster the children’s curiosity for learning.
- The use of skilful questioning, high expectations and rigorous assessment informs teaching and planning for the children’s next steps.
- Parental involvement in children’s learning is important and should be encouraged and valued.
For more information, download our full Teaching & Learning policy here.
You can also download our RE policy here.