We have a very clear and consistent behaviour system which supports every member of the school community to feel valued and respected and underpins a safe and secure environment where effective learning can take place and the children can thrive.
We have seven school rules that we encourage our children to follow. We discuss them regularly with the children and they are displayed around school and in classrooms.
Our behaviour ethos and pupil code of conduct is to
be ready, be safe, be respectful
Our School Rules
1. We listen and follow instructions from members of staff
2. We work hard and do not waste our time
3. We do not hurt anyone with words or actions
4. We speak politely to all the children and adults at St James Primary School
5. We play where it is safe and where an adult can see us.
6. We walk sensibly about the school.
7. We look after our school and everything in it – we don’t waste or damage things
We do not tolerate bullying in any form at St James. You can download our Anti Bullying policy here. We are currently updating our Behaviour poly and you will be able to find it here shortly.