School Improvement Plan
St James’ School Improvement Plan (SIP) is a vital school document. It is how, we as a school and governing body, identify keys areas for development in the our teaching and learning, plan for improvements in the coming year and review and evaluate ourselves as to how we have met our objectives. The SIP goes into great detail on specific areas including all the teaching subjects, SEND, premises and facilities and the governing body but below is an overview of our aims and objectives this year.
Our children follow a broad, integrated programme based upon the National Curriculum which aims to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding of the world and is a foundation for lifelong learning. We believe all children are entitled to learn and develop and we seek to educate the whole child in a Christian environment. We encourage our children’s physical, oral and social development and want them to be successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens both now and in the future.
This year our priorities are
- To ensure that teaching consistently inspires, motivates and challenges pupils thorough a rich, mastery curriculum
- To recreate an ambitious shared vision and culture, developing a new team from September
- To develop emotional resilience and well being
- To continue to forge strong links between our school, our parents and our Governing body
- To continue to forge strong links between St James Primary and our local network of skills
If you would like more information, please talk to Ms O’Brien.